February 10, 2011

Isn't Me

Verse 1:
Our story goes like the old cliché
I was always there to fix you
Every time someone broke you
I thought in time you'd realize
The one you needed was here all along

But time and time again
I find myself left in the dark
And I'm here listening, pretending I'm alright

Chorus:
And when I close my eyes it hurts to see
You holding hands with someone who isn't me
My dreams are filled with thoughts of you
Falling in love with someone new
It kills me inside how I lost the fight

Verse 2:
You don't know how I feel
How could you when I hide it so well?
There's no one else to blame
Coz I've been holding back all this while

I'm trying hard to put on a smile
When the truth is with every word you say
I find myself slowly falling apart
And I'm here listening, pretending I'm alright

(Chorus)

Bridge:

I was weak, I gave it up
But still I'm haunted
By those thoughts of you
And someone who isn't me

(Chorus)

And I keep waiting for you to see